Ertech was contracted to install the new Tramway Seawall and replace the shared footpath connecting North Beach and Belmore Basin along Cliff Road. The works were to replace the existing stone seawall which had failed in various places due to erosion and undermining of the shared pathway.
Blue Mile Tramway Seawall
- ClientWollongong City Council
- LocationWollongong, NSW
- Year of completion 2018
Scope of works
Upgrade existing shared pathway following original tramline.
- Constructing a new seawall adjacent to the existing seawall using large, precast concrete panels.
- Installing extensive temporary works to provide access to the tidal zone.
- Remediation works to existing infrastructure.
- Constructing new observation/sitting areas along the path for passive recreation.
- Replacing existing fence on the eastern side of the pathway.
- Installing new kerb, gutter, extensive footpaths and cycleway to a high urban design specification.
- Provision of new lighting, conduits to the continental pools and underground electrical and stormwater infrastructure.
- Associated landscaping and site stabilisation works.