Ertech was contracted to perform pavement widening and strengthening to a 25km section of the Landsborough Highway between Longreach and Winton. The highway is the principle north-south route serving Western Queensland. The works done on this highway will provide the client asset resilience, improved safety and increased flood immunity.
Landsborough Highway Pavement Widening and Strengthening
- LocationLongreach, QLD
- Year of construction2020
Scope of works
The Landsborough Highway will undergo pavement and subgrade rehabilitation works, including repairing numerous areas of edge break and improved shoulder lane definition.
The scope includes:
- Formation Widening
- Triple blend stabilisation
- Drainage structure extension
- Concrete medians
Challenges and Outcomes:
- Ertech effectively made use of internal plant and local subcontractors to resource and deliver the project in a remote location
- In the case of NDRRA flood damage, Ertech worked with the client to be a first response emergency works contractor
- To overcome the wet weather conditions, Ertech performed low lying works as early as possible